With extensive experience as a litigator, Sam Arden works on cases involving a wide variety of real estate disputes, breach of contract claims, general commercial matters and unfair competition. He also represents numerous parties in commercial real estate foreclosure litigation, deficiency actions and note-suits and/or guaranty.
Samuel Arden practices in the area of bankruptcy. Mr. Arden focuses on creditor’s rights, with a particular focus on the rights of landlords and lenders. He also represents clients in avoidance actions.
Mr. Arden began his legal career at the Atlanta firm of Webb, Carlock, Copeland, Semler & Stair in 1996. Mr Arden practiced and then was a partner with the firm of Hartman, Simons and Wood until 2018.
Mr Arden received his B.A. in History, cum laude, from Tulane University in 1992. He earned his J.D., from the Tulane University School of Law in 1996, where he graduated cum laude and was elected to the Order of the Coif.
Mr. Arden is a member of the State Bar of Georgia and is admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia, the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, the Supreme Court of Georgia, and the Georgia Court of Appeals.
Georgia Rising Star – (Business Litigation – 2009 and 2010) as published in Georgia Super Lawyers and Atlanta Magazine.
- Represented Lender with enforcement and collections issues related to a large portfolio of distressed loans.
- Represented various retail estate developers regarding issues arising from the acquisition and development of real property.
- Represented numerous landlords and tenants in disputes under leases.
- Represented various landlords in tenant bankruptcy matters
- Represented a national equipment leasing company in the arbitration of numerous breach of lease claims.
- Represented an international grower and seller of produce in a trade secret/non-competitive covenant case arising out of the acquisition of the assets of another company.
- Represented several companies with intellectual property issues arising under the Lanham Act.
- Represented a foreign manufacturer of pesticides in a trade secret dispute
- Represented a national restaurant chain in an adversarial proceeding in one of the largest bankruptcy cases ever filed.